Professor Ronald Becker
Major: Criminal Justice
Program Director Ronald Becker
Program Director, Criminal Justice and Criminology
||Sam Houston State University
||Texas A & M University
||St. Mary's School of Law
Professor Becker brings years of experience in corrections, criminal investigation, and legal practice to direct the Criminal Justice Program at Chaminade. He served as an educational director for the N. C. Department of Correction from 1972 -1986 and was a criminal investigator for the Mineral County Sheriff's department from 1976 - 1980. He practiced law from 1982-1991 at the firm of Gish, Radtke and Becker, and before coming to Chaminade was Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at Southwest Texas State University from 1991-2002. He has authored several textbooks and numerous articles on various topics of crime scene investigation. Professor Becker's area of specialization is underwater forensic investigation.
- Texas Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Society of Criminal and Police Psychologists
- International Association of Nitro and Technical Divers
- National Academy of Police Divers
- Public Safety Divers Association
- Becker, Ronald F. 1995. The Underwater Crime Scene. Springfield: Charles Thomas, Publishing Co.
- Becker, Ronald F. 1996. Scientific Evidence and Expert Testimony Handbook. Springfield: Charles Thomas, Publishing Co.
- Becker, Ronald F. 1999. Criminal Investigation. Springfield: Charles Thomas, Publishing Co. (Now 3rd edition, Boston: Jones and Bartlett)
- Becker, Ronald F. 1999. Instructor's Manual for Criminal Investigation. Springfield: Charles Thomas, Publishing Co.
- Becker, Ronald F. 1999. Laboratory Manual for Criminal Investigation. Springfield: Charles Thomas, Publishing Co.
- Becker, Ronald F. 2006. Underwater Forensic Investigation. New Jersey:Prentice Hall
» N E X T