Under the direction of the Director of Student Activities and Leadership (OSAL), the Activities Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the development and coordination of student programs focused on wellness including but not limited to healthy living, fitness, nutrition, stress management, substance use/abuse, sexual health, and other aspects of wellness that enhance student life at the university. The Activities Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the recreational sports/intramural program. The position supervises student workers who support the recreational sports/intramural program and Student Office Assistants working in the Vi & Paul Loo Student Center. The Activities Coordinator also assists the Director of OSAL with various programs sponsored by the office and the Division of Student Affairs to support the university’s overall retention and engagement goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or Counseling from an accredited institution is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- At least one year of experience working with college age students.
- Ability to provide leadership in areas related to student development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with students.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications.
- Must have appreciation for working with a diverse population.