Graduate Information for Spring 2013
For further information as it becomes available, please join our group on Facebook. Go to Facebook.com and search for "Chaminade University Commencement."
MAKE YOUR GRADUATION EXCITING!!! We are pleased to announce that we are the first and only school in Hawaii to utilize the MarchingOrder Graduation Display System. This system will make graduation more personable and exciting Ė your name and major will appear on the big screen in conjunction with a live video shot of you walking across the stage. Please go to https://www.chaminade.edu/forms/graduation.php to submit the information needed. Please fill this out even if you are not walking in the ceremony since Alumni Relations will send you a special graduation gift after you submit the form. Please allow 6-8 weeks after graduation for delivery of your gift.
Date: Monday, May 13, 2013
Location: The Neal S. Blaisdell Arena, 777 Ward Avenue, Honolulu
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Graduating Student Check-In
4:30 pm: Mandatory Rehearsal
6:30 pm: Graduate Line Up, Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
7:00 pm: Ceremony - the ceremony is estimated to last 2-3 hours.
Baccalaureate Mass And Honors Ceremony:
Date: Sunday, May 12, 2013
Location: Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre, St. Louis/Chaminade University Campus, 3140 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu
2:00 pm: Baccalaureate Mass
3:45 pm: Honors Ceremony - the ceremony is estimated to last 2 hours.
- All students participating in the Commencement Ceremonies must file a petition to graduate by the February 15, 2013 deadline. After February 15th, you must complete the late petition form and pay a $100 late fee.
- Clear all financial obligations with the business office and pay the $175 graduation fee. This fee is required of all graduates, regardless of participation in the ceremony.
- Please record an audio or video file of yourself saying your name and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulty doing so, you may call 808.739.4669 and we can record you. This will help the announcers correctly pronounce your name at the ceremony.
- Please let us know ahead of time if you will need any special accommodations or seating arrangements at the ceremony.
- Attend one of 2 informational meetings:
- Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 9:00 am in the Clarence T.C. Ching Conference Center, located on campus in Eiben Hall OR
- Monday, April 29, 2013 at 12:30 pm in the Clarence T.C. Ching Conference Center
Ordering Of Cap And Gowns, Announcements And Class Rings
- Orders for your academic regalia and personalized announcements will be done online at www.herffjones.com/college/graduation between February 1, 2013 and March 29, 2013. No orders will be taken after March 29. You will not be charged for the cost of the cap, gown and tassel; you will need to pay a $15.95 shipping fee as your order will be mailed directly to you.
- Masterís degree recipients will receive their hoods on stage at Commencement. If you will not be attending, your hood will be mailed to you after May 13.
- Those graduating with a Bachelor's Degree with Honors will receive an Honor Cord, which will be distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
- Class rings may be ordered at the Bookstore on March 1st and March 6th from 11 am to 1 pm and March 8th from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Chaminade Alumni logo items will also be available for purchase at the Bookstore.
- Graduation regalia will not be issued at the Blaisdell Arena on Commencement night.
- For attire under your gown:
- Men: Dark dress slacks, a white collared shirt (tie is optional) and dress shoes.
- Women: Dress or dress slacks with a top and comfortable sandals or heels. For safety reasons, please do not wear slippers or stilettos as you will be seated on risers.
- Please arrive at the Exhibition Hall with your cap and gown. You do not need to wear it for rehearsal. Since there will be no place to store belongings at the Blaisdell, please do not bring purses, bags or valuables to the Exhibition Hall. We suggest that you leave these items with a friend or family member.
- Since it is the Universityís belief that Commencement is a special, dignified affair, no decorations are allowed on the caps and gowns. You will not be allowed into the procession with decorations or inappropriate attire.
- The only cords and or sashes that are allowed during the ceremony are the ones given out at the Honors Ceremony and by the respective University sanctioned honors societies. Outstanding student award recipients may wear their medals. Leis may not be worn during the ceremony.
Baccalaureate is a traditional time of blessing and giving thanks. At Chaminade, Baccalaureate is celebrated as a Mass at which everyone is welcome. Graduates, families and friends are cordially invited to attend. It will be held on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm in the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School/Chaminade campus.
The Honors Ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm in the Dr. Richard T. Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School/Chaminade campus. This ceremony will recognize all students graduating with Honors as well as those receiving the Outstanding Student Award in their respective majors. This ceremony lasts between 1 Ĺ to 2 hours.
- Candidates for a bachelorís degree who have completed at least 60 hours with letter grades at Chaminade University may be awarded honors at graduation: Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.51), Magna Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.76) and Summa Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.96). Candidates for a bachelorís degree who have completed 30 but less than 60 semester hours with letter grades at Chaminade University and who have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.51 may be graduated with Distinction.
- Your designation at the time of the ceremony is based upon last semesterís grades. Any change in the designation based upon this semesterís grades will be reflected on your transcripts and diploma.
- Honors cords will be distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
- Masterís Degree students will not be awarded Honors since attaining your Masterís degree is an honor in itself. Masterís degree recipients will be hooded on stage at the commencement ceremony.
If you are participating in the Honors Ceremony, you will need to attend a rehearsal beginning at 12:30 pm in the Mamiya Theatre.
Commencement Ceremony Rehearsal
A mandatory rehearsal will be held prior to the ceremony beginning at 4:30 pm. Students will gather in the Blaisdell Arena Exhibition Hall.
- Arena doors open for elderly and disabled guests at 6:00 pm.
- Arena doors open for general seating at 6:15 pm. All seating is on a first come, first served basis and tickets are not required.
- Guests not seated by 7:00 pm will be seated following the graduate processional.
- Parking for graduates and guests is available at the Neal Blaisdell Center for a fee of $7.00. There are no in/out privileges.
Photography, Video And Live Broadcast Of Ceremony
During the ceremony, audience members may take photos and videos only from their seats. The ceremony will be professionally photographed and videotaped by subcontractors.
- For photographs, please contact David Shimabukuro from One Moment in Time Photography at 808.739.2554. Email: email@example.com
- To order a DVD of the ceremony, please contact Act One Video at 808.497.0855. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olelo will be broadcasting live at our event. It will be shown live on television and will also be streamed live over the internet on www.olelo.org. Please check this website for channel listing.
Post Ceremony Meet And Greet
- Following the recessional, a meet and greet event will be held in the Exhibition Hall.
- The doors to the exhibition hall will open to all patrons once the last student exits the arena and enters the exhibition hall.
- Graduates may meet with their guests under the signs designated with the first letter of the graduateís last name.
- Your legal name, as printed on your legal documents (birth certificate, social security card, passport, etc.), will be the name printed on your diploma.
- Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your petition. If the address will change once you graduate please contact the Records Office to update your information.
- You will receive it once all your requirements have been completed and grades are in. This usually takes about 6-8 weeks after graduation.
The Blaisdell Arena Has Notified Us That The Following Guidelines Must Be Followed:
- All packages, gifts, lei, posters, etc. must fit on lap or under the seat.
- No aisles can be obstructed.
- All packages are subject to search. Large bags may be denied entry if they wonít fit or contain unsuitable items.
- No sticks or rods - posters must not exceed 2í in any dimension and be able to be rolled up and put under chair.
- No balloons, tripods, laser pointers, noisemakers or air horns, silly string, confetti and confetti cannons.
- No Outside food or Beverages Ė including alcohol.
- No Tailgating in the parking structure.
- No Strollers - strollers must be checked with the usher staff
Please inform your friends and family of these guidelines.
Questions? Please Contact The Following:
- For Grades, Records, Petitions contact the records office at 808.735.4722 or email email@example.com.
- For Cap and Gown/Announcements, contact Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235
- For the Honors and Commencement Ceremony, contact Teresa Fujino at 808.739.4669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, congratulations! We look forward to working with you to create a memorable and exciting Spring Commencement 2013!
Please click here to download this information.