Clearance & Petition Deadlines & Information
If you intend to graduate in December, 2014:
If you have not completed a graduation clearance, you need to see your faculty advisor immediately! The deadline to submit your petition is September 12, 2014.
If you intend to graduate in May, 2015:
The deadline to submit your clearance for May 2015 is on September 5, 2014. If you have not completed a graduation clearance, you need to see your faculty advisor immediately!
Tips to remember regarding completion of your graduation clearance:
- Depending on your major, many of your requirements may be offered only once a year. It is very important that you check with your faculty advisor regarding the department's schedule for the entire year.
- General Education requirements are often more flexible, available in the fall, spring or summer.
- Be specific only when necessary. For example, you don't specifically *need* RE 399, you just need any 300 level Religion course.
- Remaining requirements are not final until approved by the Records Office.
What's the difference between Clearance and Petition?
- Clearance - is an agreement between you, your faculty advisor, and the Registrar showing the courses needed to complete your degree. Clearance should be completed approximately one year prior to your graduation. Please click here for a sample clearance form.
- Petition - Document that lets us know your plans regarding attendance at commencement, where to send your diploma and final payment of fees. Petition is completed during the semester in which you intend to graduate. Please click here for a sample petition.
This information is provided by the Office of Academic Advising. Please contact us for help and more information.