Prepare to Apply
The PRIORITY DEADLINE for applications to the nursing program for the upcoming fall semester is February 1.
Chaminade University welcomes applications from all students who have the ability, motivation, and preparation to benefit from a bachelorís degree in our nursing program.
Fall semester admissions only: Please note, nursing students are only admitted for fall semester enrollment (there are no spring semester admits for Nursing).
The admission procedure for our School of Nursing is as follows:
- To be considered for the program, you must meet the requirements for nursing.
- Apply to Chaminade University. Complete an application to Chaminade, and select nursing as your major. Send in all required documents. (You may start this process by filling out the online application to Chaminade University.)
- In addition to Chaminade Universityís admission requirements, to be considered for the School of Nursing please submit the following documents with your application:
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation (required)
- A one-page personal statement (See sidebar for the three topics to cover)
- Once Admissions has your completed packet, your documents will be forwarded to the School of Nursing. After February 1, applications will be reviewed by the nursing admissions committee.
- After March 1 you will be notified if you have been accepted or denied. The process is highly competitive as 72 students are granted admission into the School of Nursing each year.
- If you have been accepted to the program we recommend making the $150 non-refundable tuition deposit as soon as you have made a firm decision. The tuition deposit signifies your intent to enroll in the School of Nursing and reserves your spot for the upcoming semester.
Once a student is accepted into the School of Nursing, satisfactory performance must be maintained to progress through the course sequence and graduate. (See the Chaminade University Catalog School of Nursing pages for specific requirements listed under the subhead "Progression.")
Answer these questions/cover these topics in your personal statement:
- Why do you want to become a nurse?
- Why do you want to attend the Chaminade nursing program?
- Describe any community service activities pertaining to health care that you may have been involved with.