High School Seniors
The advantages of Chaminade
- Unlike many programs, freshmen are accepted directly into the program as nursing majors in the first year of a 4-year program.
- At Chaminade, you are provided with opportunities to immerse yourself in your major during all four years of study. These opportunities will help build knowledge, confidence and your professional resume.
- Nursing-specific topics are incorporated into non-nursing coursework, enhancing your learning experience while you take a full four years of nursing courses.
- You will be involved in service-learning and community outreach programs throughout the four years that directly apply to nursing.
- Enrichment opportunities such as conference attendance in the health sciences areas will be available to you.
The greatest advantage of all to entering freshmen is that you will not have to apply again or compete for placement in order to finish your upper-division nursing coursework and clinical placement after being accepted to the School of Nursing at Chaminade University. Once you have entered the program, your progression is guaranteed as long as satisfactory academic progress is maintained.
Academic Requirements - High School Seniors
The following requirements (for incoming first-year students) must be met in order for a student to be accepted into the nursing major:
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Minimum SAT 950
- Minimum ACT 20
- Chemistry: One year of high school chemistry (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- Algebra II: Completion of algebra II (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- All nursing candidates are required to complete a 1-page personal statement and submit 2 letters of recommendation (minimum).
Prepare to apply
Read the details of the Application Procedure.
03/12/2013, 4:30 p.m., Henry Courtyard
11/09/2013, 9:00 A.M.
Meet at the T.C. Ching Conference Center