Transfer and Continuing Information:
Transfer students may apply to the program. The program is a full-time, four year program regardless of progression in other programs. Transfer credits will be evaluated under our usual transfer credit procedures. Some program-specific courses may not transfer.
The following requirements (for college transfers and continuing students) must be met in order for a student to be accepted into the nursing major:
The following requirements must be met in order for a student to be accepted into the nursing major:
- Minimum Cumulative GPA 2.75. Note: cumulative GPA includes coursework from all institutions attended, regardless of attendance date
- Minimum SAT 950*
- Minimum ACT 20 *
- Compass Test*
*If SAT/ACT scores are unavailable, the Compass Test may be required
- Chemistry: One year of chemistry (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- Algebra II: Completion of algebra II (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- All nursing candidates are required to complete a 1-page personal statement and submit 2 letters of recommendation (minimum)
Students who have completed similar college courses at another institution may contact Admissions to confirm eligibility. Email email@example.com or phone (808) 739-8340.
Non-traditional and continuing students: Have you been out of school for many years? You will need to fulfill transfer academic requirements. If you have questions, please contact Admissions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (808) 739-8340.
Less than 24 college credits? Please see the information in the sidebar.
Prepare to apply
Read the details of the Application Procedure.
Transfer students may be required to submit additional high school documents or tests to confirm eligibility.
If a student has less than 24 college level credits completed at the time of application, they will be required to submit:
- High school transcripts
- Test scores
- SAT/ACT (must meet freshman test score requirements)
- Compass Test (as determined by Admissions)
High School transcripts may also be requested to determine an applicantís course history (in the event algebra or chemistry are not present on a college transcript)
Note: High school documents and test scores are evaluated along with a studentís college history.