Federal Work Study Community Service
We are looking for FWS-eligible students to work in our nationally recognized Service-Learning office, under the supervision of the Service-Learning Director. Learn more.
Students who do 50+ hours beyond S-L course requirements earn a $50 prize!
- To qualify, students MUST follow standard S-L procedures:
- Register for S-L
- Serve at an approved site/work with an approved agency or project
(S-L course instructor & S-L Director must deem that the service is successfully "connected" to the academic material)
- Complete all course requirements related to the service (min.# of hours , reflection, etc.)
- Then, they must continue the same service commitment for at least 50 hours within that semester.
- Submit all hours verified by supervisor signature on timesheet
- Earn positive evaluation by supervisor
Mahalo to sponsor "Auntie Ronnie," for her generous support of our S-L students!
Palolo Elementary Summer Opportunities
Would you like to tutor during the summer?
Palolo Summer School
- Dates TBD (To Be Determined)
- Enjoy sports? For the first two weeks Chaminade can use help with PE activities--contact the Service-Learning office for more info!
After School Tutoring
Starting in August (It's still our summer, but Palolo El. will be back in session!)
Chaminade volunteers are encouraged to help during August, according to the usual volunteer description posted on the Palolo Elementary info page. Please contact the school at (808) 733-4700 to set this up.
Opportunities to Travel and Present at Service-Learning Conferences
Service-Learning Conference coming up in March/April (annually)! Please the S-L office for more information.
Click on the pictures to view a photo album of conferences featuring presentations by our students and faculty.
Contribute to International Publications
The next issue of Service News Worldwide could feature a service program that you send to Innovations in Civic Participation (ICP). . . Learn more
Student Leadership Opportunities
If you've done service-learning for at least one semester and would like to continue, there are ways to get credit in courses by doing service-learning again. Many of our service projects couldn't exist without student leaders. Contact the Service-Learning office for more information on these opportunities.
- Leadership and/or continued commitment to service-learning looks great on a resume or CV.
- Stay involved through a different course! Lots of different courses offer Service-Learning at Chaminade. Even if your professors next semester don't initially offer Service-Learning, we may be able to work something out with one of them.
- Your Project Supervisor can become one of your references when you apply for jobs--if you've done well as a coordinator.
- You could earn up to $10/hour or work-study $$ (depends on your campus and eligibility requirements).
Through federal work-study, you can even get paid for supporting service programs.
The President Sue Wesselkamper PrizeEndowed by Charlotte and Henry Clark
Exempliary undergraduate students may be nominated for this annual award presented at the Na Liko Na'auao
Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
Students who are of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity are invited to apply for this scholarship if they meet all criteria.
See the website
for how to apply, criteria needed, etc.