- Along with Jarrett Middle School students, Palolo 4th- and 5th-graders participate each semester in the Stock Market Game. CUH students serve as mentors for the kids, getting to know them and encouraging them to set constructive goals. The Game is a means of facilitating this relationship-building and teaching academic concepts in a fun setting.
- For CUH students, please reflect: Through teaching kids about the stock market, what kinds of transferable skills are you building (in them, and in yourself)?
- For CUH students, please reflect: From the perspective of your course, what’s the rationale for teaching kids to do this? (Think about the applications of accounting, corporate law, ethics, decision-making, analysis, and research, etc.)
- For CUH students, please reflect: How can you apply math concepts to the analysis of stocks and decision making?
- Read about awards this project has earned! This term, participants have the opportunity to win trips to Washington DC and New York City, as well as medals, laptops, and other prizes.
Palolo Elementary School - 2106 10th Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816 (Computer room in the library)
Build relationships with the kids. Learn about the stock market together. Teach online research skills, ratios and fractions and other means of numerical analyses, ethics, etc. Help with expression/reflection through writing. Play the Stock Market Game together, and have fun!
Days & Times: Sessions are 1-hour a week.
FOR THE FALL 2016 SEMESTER
Day & time = Tuesdays 3:30-4:30
Start date = Tuesday 13 September.
Last day = Tuesday 29 November
This gives us 8 Tuesdays because there are many anomalies to the school schedule.
- October 11 - fall break
- October 25 - PT conferences
- November 1 - PT conferences
- November 8 - Election day
View procedure and training information here.