The Stock Market Project
- Palolo 4th- and 5th-graders participate in the Stock Market Game, because they will be studying math at an applicable level. CUH students serve as mentors for the kids, getting to know them and encouraging them to set constructive goals. The Game is a means of facilitating this relationship-building and teaching academic concepts in a fun setting
- For CUH students, please reflect: Through teaching kids about the stock market, what kinds of transferable skills are you building (in them, and in yourself)?
- For CUH students, please reflect: From an accounting or a corporate law perspective, what’s the rationale for teaching kids to do this?
- For CUH students, please reflect: How can you apply math concepts to the analysis of stocks and decision making?
- Read about awards this project has earned!
Location: Palolo Elementary - 2106 10th Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816 (Computer room in the library)
General Duties: Build relationships with the kids. Learn about the stock market together. Teach online research skills, ratios and fractions and other means of numerical analyses, ethics, etc.
Days & Times: Usually after school, once a week, for 10 weeks.
FOR THE SPRING 2014 SEMESTER
Thursdays (2:45pm-3:45pm) at Palolo Elementary beginning on February 13, 2014
NO TUTORING DAYS: TBA
Training and Intake Process: Click here to view procedure and training info.
School Contact: Mrs. Henrietta Clemons, PCNC phone:733-4700