The Stock Market Project
- Palolo 4th- and 5th-graders and Jarrett Middle School students participate each semseter in the Stock Market Game. CUH students serve as mentors for the kids, getting to know them and encouraging them to set constructive goals. The Game is a means of facilitating this relationship-building and teaching academic concepts in a fun setting.
- For CUH students, please reflect: Through teaching kids about the stock market, what kinds of transferable skills are you building (in them, and in yourself)?
- For CUH students, please reflect: From the perspective of your course, what’s the rationale for teaching kids to do this? (Think about the applications of accounting, corporate law, ethics, decision-making, analysis, and research, etc.)
- For CUH students, please reflect: How can you apply math concepts to the analysis of stocks and decision making?
- Read about awards this project has earned!
- Palolo Elementary School- 2106 10th Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816 (Computer room in the library)
- Jarrett Middle School-
1903 Palolo Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816
General Duties: Build relationships with the kids. Learn about the stock market together. Teach online research skills, ratios and fractions and other means of numerical analyses, ethics, etc.
Days & Times: Usually after school, once a week, for 10 weeks.
FOR THE Fall 2014 SEMESTER:
Tuesdays (3:30pm-4:30pm) at Palolo Elementary School
Fridays (4:30pm-5:30pm) at Jarrett Middle School
Training and Intake Process: Click here to view procedure and training info.
Project Contact :
See trainings page for info.