President's Volunteer Service Award
Earn Recognition from President Obama for Your Service
Established in 2003 by the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation, this award recognizes "the valuable contributions volunteers are making in our communities and encourages more people to serve." This would enhance any resume or CV.
First, register online:
- Go to this website and register.
- On the next page, click "Edit" found next to your user name.
- Under "Your Record of Service Key" enter the code: MBF-37262 and click "Update Profile."
Log your hours and earn your award:
- Log your hours by clicking on the "My Volunteer Record" tab and creating a new record.
- Continue to log at least 100 hours. If you need to sign back in to log hours, log in here.
- Once you have completed your 100 hours, write a one page reflection explaining what you learned from your service experience.
- Print out your online volunteer record. Turn in your reflection and record to the Service-Learning office (Henry Hall 117).
- Contact us and receive your award!
Contact us for more information.