Need $$? Need Course Credits?
Love Service-Learning and want to do it again?
Want to get recognized by President Obama?
If you’ve done service-learning for at least one semester and would like to continue, there are ways to get credit in courses by doing service-learning again. Many of our service projects couldn’t exist without student leaders. Contact the service-learning office for more information on these opportunities.
- Leadership and/or continued commitment to Service-Learning looks great on a resume or CV.
- Stay involved through a different course! Lots of different courses offer Service-Learning at Chaminade. Even if your professors next semester don’t initially offer Service-Learning, we may be able to work something out with one of them.
- Your Project Supervisor can become one of your references when you apply for jobs—if you’ve done well as a coordinator.
- You could earn up to $10/hour, or work-study $$
(depends on your campus and eligibility requirements)
- You can earn a Presidential Service Award from the White House for continuing with Service-Learning
Through work-study or through programs such as Americorps, you can even get paid for supporting service programs.
Check out Students in Service (pdf).