Students In Service
Are you currently a Students in Service participant? If yes, please click here.
Click to view the Printable Students In Service flyer or their brochure.
"The Students in Service program is a part-time AmeriCorps program that encourages and supports college and university students to enroll as part-time AmeriCorps members who provide valuable service in their communities. SIS members make a difference in their communities, gain valuable civic and workforce skills, and upon completion of their term of service, earn an education award.
"By participating in the Students in Service program, the member becomes a part of the AmeriCorps national service network that improves lives and strengthens communities throughout the United States of America."
How do I start?*
Students please note: the requirements for Students in Service are changing.
Please re-visit this page for more details.
- Log onto http://www.studentsinservice.org and complete the Online Pre-Service Overview.
- Print out and complete the Pre-Service Reflection Overview questionnaire.
Students please note: if you'll be working with a vulnerable population (elders, minors, etc.) you will be required to do a fingerprinting check.
More information to follow.
- Go to FORMS link on the left hand side of the page, print out the Enrollment Package and bring it with you to the orientation session OR
click here to access the Enrollment Package.
Don't forget to keep a copy of everything for your records.
- Attend an orientation as scheduled by the SIS Staff. Most are offered at UH Manoa.
Contact SIS Staff for information about other dates for orientation at UH.
- Follow instructions given at orientation to enroll in the program and serve your community!
*The Students In Service slots are quickly filling! Get started soon.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Students in Service Staff, as listed on printable flyer
Phone: (808) 956-4641
University of Hawaii
2600 Campus Road
QLCSS Room 209
Honolulu, HI 96822