Psychology Degree Program
The Art of Understanding
What makes us individuals? How do others see us? How do we learn? How do we act in a group? How do we relate to others effectively and sensitively?
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind, and our relationship to others and our environment.
- Conduct Research
- Study Social Development
- Help People Learn
- Promote Physical and Mental Health
- Study and Contribute to the Work Environment
Characteristics of the Chaminade Psychology Program
The Chaminade psychology program recognizes that many students in this program have the end goal of helping others lead happier, more fulfilling lives. To provide the necessary perspective and maturity, the Chaminade program emphasizes the development of the whole person: mental, behavioral, emotional, and spiritual.
Special characteristics of the Chaminade program are:
- A nurturing, compassionate, accessible faculty.
- Broadening of perspective and life experience with our truly diverse multi-cultural campus environment
- An emphasis on Asian thought
- Service-learning opportunities that encourage the development of practical people skills as well as a chance to exercise compassion
- Undergraduates can participate in activities of Psi Chi, a national honorary psychology association
Download Catalog Description