Barbara Poole-Street, Ph.D.
Dr. Barbara Poole-Street is a Professor of Economics at Chaminade.
Dr. Poole-Street has a Ph.D. in Economics (specializing in Political Economy and International Economics) from the University of Virginia, along with a certificate in Comprehensive Health Planning. Her interest in Health Economics has over the years developed into an interest in the Economics of Disabilities, specifically focusing on inclusion of persons with disabilities.
B.A., Economics, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
Certificate of Comprehensive Health Planning, University of Virginia
Ph.D., Economics, University of Virginia
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Contemporary Economic Issues
- Economic Issues of the Environment
- International Economics
- Economic Systems in the Age of Globalization
- 2008: Simple Needs, Deep Pockets: A Neglected Market Segment
- 2006: “Hiki No” grant to facilitate inclusive recreation
- 2008 “Housing Models for the 21st Century,” Special Olympics Leadership
2006 “Simple Needs, Deep Pockets: A Neglected Market Segment,”
International Conference on Tourism, Athens, Greece
- 2004 “I-Rec: Inclusionary Recreation," TASH Annual Conference, Reno Nevada
- 2004 “The Czech Economy and its Transition from Communism,” Chaminade
University Faculty Colloquium
- 2003 “Parallels between the Czech and the Hawaiian Economy,”
- 2203 “The California Energy Crisis: Government Failure,” Prague School of
- 2004 - 2006: “Hiki-No,” a collaboration between I-Rec, Easter Seals, Chaminade University, University of Hawaii, Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation, and the Sunset Rotary to facilitate and promote inclusive recreation.
- 2001 - present: “Inclusive Recreation,” (I-Rec) Program to facilitate inclusive recreation.
- 2005 - present: “Maunalei Hale," demonstration project of inclusive housing.
- 1997- 2000 Department of Education Hearing Officer,
State of Hawaii (part-time)
- 1990 - 1995 MBA Program Director, Chaminade
- 1992 - 1994 Expert Witness Consultant (part-time,) Evaluation of Economic Losses Honolulu, Hawaii
- 1989 - 1990 Statistical Analyst (part-time,) Diagnostic Imaging Department, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Honolulu, Hawaii