Federal Work-Study


Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) provides funding for jobs for undergraduate students with financial need in order to assist them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses. 

  • Work-study jobs on campus are not guaranteed
  • If you have received work-study in your aid package, you will have to apply for the job and be hired in order to receive your work-study wage.
  • Wages are based on the type of work you do and the skills required.
  • There are FWS jobs on campus and off-campus.
  • You cannot earn more than the amount awarded to you in your financial aid package.
  • Work-study funds are paid out to you in the form of paychecks for work you have performed.

Apply for a Job

It is important to secure a job if you wish to get work-study funds. Please see the Career Services/Job Placement office at the beginning of each term to find out about the availability of Federal Work-Study jobs and other jobs on campus. You will need to fill out a job application, get an interview, and be hired. (Note: other students may also interview for the available position.)

» See Career Services/Job Placement
Student Support Services Building
Campus Map