As a Native Hawaiian-serving institution, we are proud to offer scholarships to new first-year students of Native Hawaiian ancestry. The Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships Award is renewable for a maximum of four years of attendance, provided the student remains in good academic standing and completes continuing eligibility requirements.
One-half (50%) of the tuition cost for full time day undergraduate students. In the event the student qualifies for any additional university-funded awards, the student will receive the one best university-funded award.
- New, incoming first-year students.
- Students of Hawaiian descent who are U.S. citizens, residing in Hawai'i, the U.S. continent, or U.S. Territories.
- Accepted to Chaminade as a full time day undergraduate student.
- Academic Requirements:
- Test Scores (SAT or ACT accepted)
- SAT administered after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading and Writing + Math): 1000
- SAT administered prior to March 2016 (Critical Reading + Math): 920
- Cumulative ACT: 19
- Cumulative GPA no less than 3.00
- Complete twenty (20) hours of community service each semester. Prior approval by the Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships is required for all community service activities.
- Completed Application Form
- Resume: The student must provide a standard, minimum one-page resume. Include academic accomplishments, leadership experiences and community service activities.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation (on institutional leaderhead): The letter must come from someone who can discuss the student's academic, leadership and/or community service accomplishments, and must be mailed directly to the Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships.
Priority Deadline: January 1
It is highly encouraged that students apply within the priority deadline for optimal consideration. Only complete applications will be eligible for review. Please view the application requirements above.
Note: Applications will be accepted until July 1, provided funds are available.
Download Application (PDF)